The online solver is a platform that comprises of a set of webservices that solve well known problems in computer science that I use frequently.
For the time being the following solvers are available:
- Basic Network tutorial
- Disk scheduling solver
- Information retrieval – basic calculator (from SYSPRO 2018)
- Process scheduling solver
- Page replacement algorithm solver
Also, available are the following services:
Various are algorithms are planned.
In the future more will be added but there is no specific date plan since I am developing them in my spare time.
Online Disk Scheduling Solver
The Online Disk scheduling solver supports the following algorithms: FCFS, SSTF, SCAN, LOOK, C-SCAN and C-LOOK for up to 10 disks.
Please note the following:
- The solver is provided to you for free. It is an unofficial and unsupported tool.
- The solver has not been extensively tested. It should generate correct results for simple examples.
- It is based on the examples provided by Professor Stathes Hadjiefthymiades (University Of Athens) at his class and on the examples provided in various books related to the topic of Operating Systems.
- It is a tool that you can use in order to understand how disk scheduling works.
You should always verify the solution generated by hand.
If you a find a bug you can report it via the contact form. If I have spare time I will fix it.
Read more about disk scheduling: